WHAT IS BRAZILIAN WAXING?
Brazilian is the art of waxing everything from the vagina, including the labia, to the anus. Some people opt to leave a little on top.
HOW MUCH DOES WAXING HURT?
Well it is a little uncomfortable when it comes to the sensitive areas! It depends on the client. But as soon as it is over…it is over. The more you get waxed, the less painful it will be.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A BRAZILIAN?
It takes 20-30 minutes. It all depends on the client. The first time usually takes the longest. The second time is much faster.
FIRST TIME HAVING A BRAZILIAN? WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
Expect a little skin irritation. If you get waxed regularly, your skin will become accustomed and you should not have as much irritation as your first time. If you only do it once or twice a year expect to go through the “first time pain” each time. It is normal to get tiny blood dots or whiteheads after your first or second time of being waxed. This too shall pass if you keep waxing. The more you wax, the softer the hair will be, the sparser the hair will grow, and the longer the hair will take to grow back.
DOES WAXING CAUSE INGROWN HAIRS?
No. Waxing prevents ingrown hairs. Some women inherently have problems with ingrown hairs, so it doesn’t matter what kind of depilation you use on them. You can manage them better by exfoliating and using Tend Skin to help prevent them if you’re prone.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO GET WAXED?
Typically you will need to get waxed every 4 to 6 weeks… go any sooner and you will remove some of the hairs but not all of them which will throw off your waxing schedule and will not give you clean wax results. Let it grow too long and you may need to trim. It all depends on how fast your hair grows. That varies from person to person.
WHAT STEPS ARE TAKEN TO GET THE BRAZILIAN WAX DONE?
After cleaning the area to be waxed, you will be asked for assistance in holding the skin taught. Wax is then applied a little at a time and muslin strips are used to remove hair quickly. After all hair is removed from front to back we apply a special soothing cream and oil to the area, which reduces redness, soothes and softens, and acts as a natural antiseptic.
WHEN WILL THE REDNESS BE COMPLETELY GONE?
Most redness is gone as early as 30 minutes to an hour after the procedure. It may take until the next morning for people with sensitive skin. It varies from person to person.
WHY IS WAXING BETTER THAN OTHER FORMS OF DEPILATION?
Every time you get waxed, your hairs become weaker. There is no razor burn, or itching when it grows back, it is fast, and the skin looks and feels softer as well as lasts longer than any other method of depilation.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF WAXING AND HOW CAN THEY BE MINIMIZED?
Although we cannot predict or guarantee how one may react, most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Hair may break at the root during waxing, causing some hairs to grow out faster, this will get better the more you wax. Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation and possible break outs.
• Avoid the sun and tanning salons immediately after waxing and please wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyper pigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun or up light.
• Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
• Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
• Do not use exfoliating products (AHA’s, scrubs, loofah bar, etc) for at least 48 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin.
• Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation.
• Unfortunately, no hot bath or hot shower for 12 hours after a Brazilian. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperatures and infection by bacteria.